Are You a Carer or do you have a carer?
The practice are putting together a Carers Register.
If you are or have a carer please let us know – we may be able to help you by offering you free flu injections and health checks.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parentWatch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling peopleCaring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a breakCaring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carersDo you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone 0808 802 0202
Helpline Information http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
Office Hours Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.
Carers support groups
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carersDirecting carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care forAdvice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefitsHow your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone’s legal affairsAdvice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Other benefitsAdvice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
- Personal and household financeAdvice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax creditsInformation on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible